I'll take you to the mountains, I will take you to the sea.
I'll show you how this life became a miracle to me.
~ Dar Williams

Sunday, January 17, 2010

28 weeks - Like mother, like daughter.

My baby girl does not like to hold still. I can't prove it, but I strongly suspect she either doesn't sleep, or sleeps like I do - by constantly moving, of course.

She, like her mother, does not like - at all - to be even slightly uncomfortable. If I wear a pair of pants with an elastic band that cramps her style, she kicks at the band until I change clothes. If I stand up, she repositions herself. If I sit down, she repositions herself. If I change which side I'm lying on, she does too. Her kicks are becoming more and more forceful, and if I'm sleeping with my stomach against Tim's back, he usually ends up saying, "Why is my baby kicking me again?"

I usually sing songs in the morning while I'm getting ready, and sometimes if I stop, she kicks until I start singing again. I'm told (by books and/or the interwebs) that she weighs about 2.25 pounds, is 15 inches long, and has five intact senses at this point. If she were born today, she would have over a 90% chance of survival (with medical intervention).

I've dreamed twice now that she has golden-blond, troll-style crazy hair with really tan skin. I've also dreamed that she's Asian, so I don't put a lot of stock into my dreams. :) I have a recurring dream that she's born prematurely, and that I need to put her back inside. But in these dreams, I always really like her and want to keep holding her.

About 3 months left! We have some basics like onsies and a couple blankets (thanks, Mom and Tim!), but no crib, no carseat, no stroller, etc. Yikes! Hopefully we'll get ourselves together soon. Tim and I are both so excited for the day we get to see her.

4 comments:

  1. I can tell you with my psychonnection that she also hates lace and being told what to do, and loves cherries.

    Babies really don't need all that much gear, just parents who love them, so I think you're set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, they don't let you take little girls home from the hospital w/o a car seat, I hear. But they rent them sometimes, I think, so you could do that. Then just stay inside for a couple of months and don't go anywhere. No stroller (or labwork) required!

    She sounds wonderful, if a bit squirmy. But I'm fond of you, so maybe that's not too surprising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What, pray tell, were the two of you doing up at 6:00 in the morning on a holiday? Cami has an excuse I suppose (in the form of an infant who gets angry when ignored for too long), but Erin???

    Also, I should add that the baby girl has lots of cute clothes thanks to Erin, including the cutest little pink-ish dress I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking about you guys this morning. She'll be here before you know it, but Cami (and Erin) are right. You don't really need much, especially at first. You do need to get a car seat, though.

    I can't wait to see her (or meet her) but I kind-of think I'll have to wait on that...

    ReplyDelete