I'll take you to the mountains, I will take you to the sea.
I'll show you how this life became a miracle to me.
~ Dar Williams

Sunday, September 27, 2009

August 4th (4 weeks): Breaking the news... made easy

Yesterday I told Cami I was pregnant. Here is an excerpt of our conversation:

camijones: I've sort of suspected as much (in a sisterly vibe sort of way)
how are you feeling?
me: I thought you probably had suspected as much, because you have sisterly vibes like that
I feel fine - if I am pregnantl, it's maybe like 4 weeks along… I did have some fainting spells while hiking the other day
camijones: you know, they have pretty cheap scientific experiments to confirm such things.
me: yes, but that's the problem
camijones: I demand you come to my house right now and take one.
me: Oh, I've taken about 5, and there is a line in the test window, but it's kind of faint
whatever does it mean?
camijones: not just the control line?
me: right
the control is nice and dark
camijones: I guess you must be kind of pregnant.
me: well, it seems like a boolean operation
camijones: maybe like a back to the future baby
have you been mucking around in a time traveling delorian? j/k.
Well, I'm really excited for you.
me: thank so for saying that, even if you only half mean it
but do you think I am?
camijones: Actually, I really am so excited
yes
me: a playmate for Ivy!
camijones: right!
and me!
me: hee hee
I'm really excited but trying not to get my hopes up
and also it turns out that I'm not okay with having a bastard baby afterall, so I'm thinking of throwing together a shotgun wedding
camijones: I would so plan it for you.
Although bastards are cute in their own little ways.
me: what are the chances that you could get to Utah for a few days in September?
camijones: Pretty good.
me: really?
I would even help pay for a ticket
camijones: I would come for your wedding any time you wanted to have it.
me: or four
camijones: oh brother.
I'm crying because I'm so happy.
me: I'm crying because I'm so relieved that you're happy
camijones: I know you've wanted a wee thing for so long now.
me: yes, quite a very, very, very long time
it means quite a lot to me
to maybe get one
but do you think I should tell mom before or after the baby comes?


We went to dinner tonight, and Cami brought our first baby present – an adorable pair of green crocs in a baby size. It was a lot of fun to talk to her about pregnancy and babies and such, and it has been a huge relief to have familial support. Cami is a star, and that’s why I deem her one of my favorite people and best friends ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment