I'll take you to the mountains, I will take you to the sea.
I'll show you how this life became a miracle to me.
~ Dar Williams

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Week 3

Two big milestones this week. The first is that we visited Dr. O'Dell and Amelia now weighs 6 pounds!! We're so proud - just look at the chunkster:

He said she was doing much better than he would expect for a baby born so early, and that she continues to be a "star." He also said we could start putting rubbing alcohol on her cord to expedite its departure from her person. I think she just wanted to hold onto a little piece of me.

Secondly, I set Amelia on the bed this evening, and she rolled over onto her stomach. I'm sure she didn't mean to - she's just so wiry and squiggly and skinny. I tried to get her to do it on camera, but of course she didn't. She is cute, though, so I've included the video (previously posted on my regular blog).



Thanks Jason and Jennie for actually finding a preemie outfit with long sleeves! Our little peanut doesn't have enough fat to keep herself warm yet.

We've enjoyed relaxing at Grandpa and Grandma's especially because Grandma has a hot dinner on the table every night and insists on doing dishes herself... what a pleasant introduction to motherhood - all I have to do is feed the baby, and cuddle with her and my husband.

Amelia spends a lot of one-on-one time with Tim. Here they are watching a Bruins game and discussing the upcoming NFL draft. When Tim asks her opinions, Amelia responds by drooling, passing gas, or emptying her bowels.

I'm told I'll outgrow this phase, but I still think everything Amelia does is adorable and brilliant. Here, I've taken several photos of her... ummm... sleeping.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! She's so little. Even now she looks so much bigger...just as cute, though.

    ReplyDelete