I'll take you to the mountains, I will take you to the sea.
I'll show you how this life became a miracle to me.
~ Dar Williams

Friday, July 30, 2010

6 weeks: home at last

Baby Squiggles spent the first two weeks of her life in a NICU; the next three weeks at Grandpa and Grandma's; and the fifth week in Denver! Finally, we took her to our home in Boston. Here, she is relaxing with Daddy on his favorite couch.
Floor time.

A couple days after we arrived, we met Cami and kids at the Franklin Park Zoo. I was astonished to see how much Ivy had grown in the interim. ;-)

Baby girl's eyesight was getting much better at this point; however, she still went cross-eyed whenever she tried to focus on anything close. Beyond adorable.


I loved the outfit below so much that I bought it in Preemie, newborn, and 3 month sizes. Thankfully, they discontinued it after that so I wouldn't be tempted to buy it yet again.


Nana was beside herself with excitement to meet the baby. In fact, she showed up at the airport 2 hours early to wait for our flight because she just couldn't wait. It was mutual love at first sight.



Tim's sister Jen also couldn't wait to see the baby, so she brought her kids up from Virginia the week we came back. They made best friends immediately, and I was surprised how much her kids paid attention to her. N wanted to hold her (but was too shy to ask himself), and M kept asking, "What is him saying?" in response to the baby's coos and grunts.

We took the baby to the nursing home to see Tim's only living grandparent, "Old Nana." She loved the baby and smiled and smiled at her.

No comments:

Post a Comment