I'll take you to the mountains, I will take you to the sea.
I'll show you how this life became a miracle to me.
~ Dar Williams

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Week 15

Daddy with the baby.
My parents booked tickets to come see the baby as soon as I told them I was pregnant. Of course, nobody anticipated that she would come 6 weeks early on the wrong side of the country... but, hey... they had tickets, so they came anyway! Grandma and Grandpa spent loads of time rocking and cuddling and smiling and talking with the baby. The baby loved them.

We took Squiggles on her first hike, around Walden Pond.



A snack in the woods...

My favorite mom and my favorite daughter:


A picnic in the parking lot. We had $2.00 hotdogs from a truck with a real-live weiner man.

Have I mentioned that Squiggles and my mom are bosom buddies? They were BFF from the start.

Ivy Divy likes to play with the baby. We're pretty sure she thinks she's a new toy.


We took a short trip down to Philadelphia to visit my brother's family. While there, we went swimming at the Jersey Shore.

Tim and the baby spent most of the afternoon reading under a tent.

Like Grandpa, like Granddaughter:

The baby was fascinated by the sand and the water.

She looked a bit concerned that I was going to toss her in, but smiled nervously when I dipped her piggies in the water.
My dad is famous for his collection of sunblocking hats. I got my baby this purple one at REI, partly because I knew he would approve.


Kim, Sarah, Megan, and I had a great time playing in the water.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! It was fun to meet your parents when they were in town. I can see how you and Cami turned out to be such awesome women!

    And to the post below: LOVING the nursery. The quilt above the dresser (which looks great Tim) is SO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squiggles was so small only a couple of months ago! But I'm sure she was still transendentalified by the Walden pond hike. You can tell she's a deep thinker.

    ReplyDelete