I'll take you to the mountains, I will take you to the sea.
I'll show you how this life became a miracle to me.
~ Dar Williams

Friday, July 30, 2010

Week 7; smile!

One morning this week, the baby woke up at 4:00 in the morning. Tim fed her, swaddled her, and then gave her to me while he used the bathroom. I was a bit groggy until I looked at my baby girl and she gave me a big, beautiful, toothless smile. My mom was right - it melted my heart and maybe I cried just a little bit. It would be a while before we could get the smile on camera though...
Tim and the baby continued to have a lot of quality cuddling time!



The baby finally gained a little body fat... hurray!


Around this time, I asked my cousin Diana how she got anything done when she had a baby. She said with her second baby, she had to put her in a chair to take showers, etc. She was very sweet and nonjudgemental and didn't actually say the words, "Put the baby down." It was an "aha" moment for me, though. I started putting the baby in the awesome baby papasan that Cami let us borrow while I ate breakfast, showered, etc. and the baby loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment